President Trump recently delivered his first joint address to Congress On Tuesday this week. Although Trump avoided the complicated and shambolic speech for which he is known for and hails a new chapter in American Greatness. For those who missed, we here list few integral points that Trump shared in his speech.
- Pushed Congress towards the $1 trillion infrastructure bill.
- The announcement of a new office for the victims of crime conducted by immigrants. The new office titled as Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement or VOICE comes under the Department of Homeland Security. Trump also said: “We are providing a voice to those who have been ignored by our media, and silenced by special interests.”
- Trump victoriously mentioned that “the time for trivial fights is behind us”. To this the response was lukewarm but unsurprisingly, Trump’s staff saw it the other way.
- New Surge of Optimism and National Pride: Trump in his speech said: “I am here tonight to deliver a message of unity and strength, and it is a message deeply delivered from my heart”
- The only moment where the crowd was actually unified was when the whole gathering gave a standing ovation for Carryn Owens, who is the widow of Chief Petty Officer William “Ryan” Owens. Owens who was a navy seal died on January 28, 2017, in Yemen. Trump said in tribute to Owens with words: His legacy is “etched into eternity”
Though the response of the joint session was lukewarm, it would be interesting to see how America will be great again under Trump’s rule.
Here’s the full video of the speech.