While Moto G4 series hasn’t been too old in the market, we have already started to receive information about the successor. In the recently leaked images, a device is clearly visible and is being claimed to be the upcoming Moto G5 Plus.
It was just last month when the renders and hands-on images of a Moto phone were leaked. It was said to be Moto X 2017 then. Another report added to the rumour and said that the device could launch as Moto C. But the latest leak claims that the phone is actually the Moto G5 Plus and will succeed the last year’s Moto G4 Plus.
The leaked phone is a prototype and is being sold online in Romania. The listing on the marketplace revealed the live images of the phone, besides its specifications and release date. It is said to be coming in March this year, which indicates its announcement during late February at the MWC event.
Coming to the specifications, the phone will sport a 5.5-inch 1080p display and will be powered by a Snapdragon 625 processor, which was seen in the mid-range Moto Z Play last year. There will be a 13 MP camera on the back and a 5 MP camera on the front for selfies. It will come with a RAM capacity of 4 GB and will have an internal memory of 32 GB along with a battery capacity of 3080 mAh.
As seen in the images, the phone looks more or less the same as the current generation phone, though, the shape of the fingerprint scanner has been changed, along with an added Moto logo on the front. The back of the device has witnessed some changes and might come with a metallic body, however, it can be plastic too. The camera module design has been changed, bringing it in line with other recently launched Moto devices.
The listing was live since January 4 but has now been removed. The prototype was priced at RON 1,650 ($387).